Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nostalgia's thick as the August air.

Today was a day that took me back, oh I don't know, about three years.

Correction, this whole week has done that to me.

It's truly a bittersweet feeling I get when I'm around all my old friends from high school. I love being together again as if everything is still the same as it once was. It's so carefree and comfortable. I can be "me" without worrying about people wondering to themselves, "what in the world is she doing?" They know me. They know my family, my life, and my sense of humor. They saw me grow up. I love these people in this town. I love knowing that they're going to be my constant for the next few months. I don't want this end. I love home.

It makes me feel uneasy to know that "the old days" are over. I guess because it means I'm officially growing up. I can say things like "my old friends from high school." It's mind blowing, really. Where did the time go? It seems like just last week I was packing a lunch in a brown paper bag, riding the bus, and stressing about remembering my new locker combination.

Life is funny that way. It takes us by surprise when it speeds by without letting us know we're forgetting to take it all in. Yeah...it's kind of annoying if you ask me.



No comments: